Apple crisp is delicious at any time of the year and you don't need a full kitchen in order to make it! Check out this simple and scrumptious, grilled apple crisp recipe that we're sure you'll enjoy.
Here's what you'll need (serves 2-3 campers):
- 1/2cup old-fashioned oats
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. butter, plus more for foil
- 3 apples
- squeeze of lemon juice
- vanilla ice cream (optional, but strongly recommended!)
- Combine oats, flour, sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Wash apples and pat dry. Core and slice apples, then toss them with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Cut two squares of foil (about a foot each) and lightly butter the center of each piece.
- Place the apples onto of one of the foil pieces and then sprinkle with the crumble mixture.
- Place the top piece of foil (butter side down) on the package and crimp the edges inwards (about a cm) one at a time until the package is well sealed. I usually do about three crimps per side to make sure it's sealed really well. Wrap the entire package in another layer of tinfoil - this will help prevent burning around the edges.
- Place the foil pack on the grill (pre-heated to a medium heat – about 350 degrees) for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool a minute or two before opening, as the contents will be very hot.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a dash of cinnamon.
- Take a photo of your creation, post it to Instagram and tag us @iheartrving!