Hitting the road in an RV is the perfect way to bond with family, play outdoors with friends, or just escape the “real world” for some peace and quiet. And, nowadays, you may even want to try your hand at living in your RV for weeks or months, especially when trying on a new location to see if that's where you want to live. You may even want to make your RV your permanent home. Unfortunately, the standard “studio” or even one-bedroom RV may feel a little cramped during extended stays. Fortunately, 2-bedroom travel trailers can help you hit the road and campsite with more room to spread out.
Why Choose 2-Bedroom Travel Trailers?
For large families especially, having an extra bedroom can give you each your own space and privacy at the end of the day. The same goes for camping with friends or another family. Or, if you're a digital nomad, a second bedroom can easily be converted into an office. Two-bedroom campers can even rival small apartments with their space and amenities.
Often, 2-bedroom travel trailers have a “master” and a bunkhouse. Again, the biggest benefit is a little more room and a lot more privacy. Depending on your needs, you can find two-bedroom campers with double bunk beds that can sleep up to 8, bunks on one side with a comfortable couch and entertainment center for the kids to play games or watch their favorite shows, or a separate office space or den, where you can get some work done or get engulfed in a novel without interruptions.
Or, if you have little ones, they'll have their own space to cuddle in for the night, giving you and your partner room to hang out after their bedtime. Plus, there are more places to get changed than you typically find in a traditional camper.
Top 2-Bedroom Travel Trailers
Of course, every family is different. One might be completely comfortable sleeping side by side in a cozy space. Another may need a bit more room due to noise concerns or different lifestyles. Fortunately, with RVing, there are many choices.
- Coachman Freedom Express Select offers a wide range of floorplans, including more than one 2-bedroom campers. For example, they offer a 32'10” model with a main bedroom with a queen bed and its own entrance plus a double bunkroom. They also have a 33'4” and a 35'6” two-bedroom campers with a queen bed and two double bunks, providing space for everyone in a good-sized family.
In addition, there's a large U-shaped area to eat together, an entertainment center, and a full-sized bath with plenty of storage, so you're comfortable wherever you venture.
- Winnebago Minnie Plus 31BHDS provides comfortable sleeping for up to 8 people in a roomy 35'6” trailer with a queen bedroom up front and a roomy bunkroom at the back with a sofa, divided by a kitchen and living room in the middle. In addition, these great units come with an outdoor kitchen to expand your living space.
Winnebagos have been around for a long time due to their quality and craftsmanship. They also come in a variety of colors, so you can customize your camper to your preferences.
- Jayco Eagle 355MBQS is a fifth-wheel option with plenty of room in the 42' unit. That includes a main bedroom up front with a queen bed, a large wardrobe, and even room for a washer and dryer. It also provides a second bedroom in the middle with a bunk, a fold-out sofa, and an entertainment center. It has another loft above the second bedroom for even more sleeping space.
That's all on top of a comfortable open kitchen and living space with a dinette, theater seating, and another fold-out sofa. Everyone onboard will be able to find a place of their own.
- Another option from Jayco is the Jay Flight Bungalow, like the 40DLF, which has an upstairs loft with room to sleep three above the main bedroom. Or the 40LOFT, with two bed mats up top. Built for extended stays, these roomy travel trailers offer similar amenities to a residential home. They are, however, heavier to begin with, so you may need to limit furniture and accessories until you've found a place to settle.
These options genuinely offer similar amenities to an apartment with a luxurious look and feel for a more permanent living space. But if they don't suit you and your family's needs, Jayco has other two-bedroom options from previous model years, like the Jayco Jay Feather 29QB. This option is a bit more budget-friendly and still offers a queen bedroom at one end with bunk-house sleeping at the other. It's big enough for the family and a few friends, with plenty of room for dinner and a game night indoors or out.
- Keystone Hideout 38 FQTS comes in at a length of 39'11” and offers 2 queen beds with closets and under-bed storage at opposite ends of the trailer. It also has 1 ½ baths! Between the bedrooms is a nice central area for cooking, dining, and relaxing as a family. Better yet, there's plenty of room outdoors with an 18' food awning and large patio doors to connect the spaces, so you'll really feel at home.
- Cruiser Embrace EL310 offers several different floorplans with two bedrooms, with different variations of bunk-house sleeping to fit your family or friend group and different slider variations for even more space. Lengths range from 29'11” to 36'5”.
Whether you're looking for an adventure, to get back to a simpler way of life, or your own space when traveling for work, RV traveling can fit the bill. You can find RVs that suit retirees, young families, digital nomads, friend groups, and more. No matter who you are and what you love, the RV lifestyle provides plenty of appeal and lots of floor plans to choose from, including those with two bedrooms.