Everyone gets a hankering for something sweet, but we don't always want to dive our hand into the closest snack box to satisfy our sweet tooth.
Thankfully, this incredibly simple recipe Campfire Eclairs recipe exists, courtesy of Bigler's Recipes! This sweet and tasty snack is easy to make and even easier to enjoy while you're at the campsite.
Here's what you'll need:
- Refrigerated crescent rolls
- Cooking oil
- Snack pack pudding (whichever flavor tickles your fancy)
- Chocolate frosting
- Canned whip cream
- 5/8" wooden dowels (for cooking the rolls over the fire)
- Coat cooking end of wooden dowel with cooking oil.
- Evenly wrap the crescent roll around the dowel, making sure to cover the end of the dowel and to not leave holes or gaps. The roll should come about 4" down the dowel.
- Over hot coals (not a raging fire) cook the crescent roll until golden brown. You don't want it to be doughy, so remember to turn it consistently.
- Once the roll is cooked, remove it from the dowel and fill with your pudding of choice. Smear on some frosting and top with whipped cream and you're ready to go!
Don't forget to take a photo, post it to Instagram and tag us @iheartrving!
For the original post, check out Bigler's Recipes here.